Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Josiah!

Finally! I'm an uncle and soon to be a godfather!

Last April 8, 2009, my eldest sister gave birth to a 6.2 lbs baby boy named Josiah Paul. He's the cutest baby I've ever seen! Awww.

It was supposed to be a normal delivery because my sister started to experience labor pain since Monday, April 6. But after seeing the x-ray, her OB/GYN decided that the baby must be delivered under a Cesarean section.

I accompanied my sister to the hospital around 2pm then brought her to the delivery suite at 3pm. I was the only one there because her husband was still at work and my parents were finishing something for Church. I sat at the waiting area, feeling anxious and hungry. Finally, her husband came and went inside to talk her and the nurses. Then he went out and informed me that the operation will start at exactly 5pm. Okay, we still have an hour and a half to wait.

I kept on calling my mom and telling them to hurry up. Haha. They arrived 10 minutes before 5pm. We sat, waited and prayed that everything would be fine.

After 31 minutes, the nurse approached us and said that the baby is out. She asked us to follow her inside and told us to wait for 5 minutes before they bring the baby to us. Awww.. There he is - baby Josiah.

The feeling of happiness and excitement crawled in me as I looked at his tiny hands and feet. Mom told me that babies cannot see yet but he looked at us one by one; as if he knew the people surrounding him.

Awww.

1 comment:

Ciara Christia Infantado said...

awwww. an angel. he's super cute. :)
kamuka mo. lol. :D