Monday, October 5, 2009

House Arrest.

I'm now on day 9 of my house arrest and I'd like to keep that on a single digit. Damn.

Some of you might be asking why the hell am I punishing myself but lord knows that I didn't ask for this. Haha.

Two Saturdays ago, Ondoy (Ketsana), a tropical storm entered the Philippines and showered us with a month's worth of rain. The rain started pouring around one in the morning (yea I know cause I was out till around 5am) and it didn't stop till noon. So the result? FLOOD. And I mean massive flood allover NCR.

This was the first time that the water reached the first step of our stairs going to the second floor. The flood was about waist-deep outside and knee-deep inside the office.



School was canceled for a week allover the metro and in some provinces. The flood remained there until Thursday night. Next morning, everybody rejoiced at the sight of dry land. Haha. But hold that thought, another typhoon is making it's way to the Philippines.

Typhoon Pepeng (Parma) was predicted to hit land around the next day. Ookkkaaay. Friday night, it started raining really hard and low and behold, the water came rushing back... FLOOD.

Until this moment, there is still flood outside our house. About more or less a foot deep. It's gradually subsiding now and we are all praying that it won't rain again for about a week.

Thank goodness, our house is really on the second floor and the first floor is solely the office. We have food, water, and other basic necessities needed for survival.

So that's about it. I'm really hoping that I get to leave this house tomorrow cause I badly need a haircut. Haha.

(^_^)

1 comment:

Ciara Christia Infantado said...

when it rains..... it floods. :p