Thursday, June 11, 2009

A(H1N1)

This A(H1N1) virus aka swine flu is really driving me insane. According to the news, there are already 92 confirmed cases of the said virus here in the Philippines and a lot are still waiting for the test results.

It's really scary for me because my work requires to be around students every time. Sometimes I also come face to face with them especially when they ask questions or when I roam around the classroom to check their work. Of course, as a teacher, I also need to care for the health of my students but I don't want to cause panic.

I'm scared that I might acquire the virus from them, or the other way around - me passing them the virus. Waaa!

Since last week, I've been taking my vitamins regularly to strengthen my immune system. All of the employees at the school were also required to get a flu vaccine.

We always remind the students to wash or sanitize their hands especially after going to the restroom, touching door knobs, money, keys, etc. You can never be too safe. Haha

When will this virus stop spreading? The government really needs to think of a solution to mitigate the problem.

No comments: