Saturday, April 12, 2008

Me? A Teacher?

I'm afraid that the answer is YES.

I'm 80% sure that I will be teaching this next school year (2008-2009). I still haven't talked to my dad regarding this again but I think that my parents are serious.

They are letting me teach the Computer subject for grades 4-6 and 1st-4th year High School. You see, the previous teacher resigned because of god-knows-what so my parents chose me to replace him.

I asked them if it's ok for me to teach because I don't have a degree in education but they told me that it's fine. The old teacher only has a diploma for a 2 year Computer Technician course and I have a 4 year BS Degree in Computer. Well I'm sorry for the comparison and if I sound "mayabang" but he really don't impress me much with his way of teaching. Hehe. I admit that when I have problems with my PC before, I ask him for help. But beyond those hardware stuffs, he doesn't really know anything.

I remember before that he likes to install softwares and whatnot in my mom and dad's pc. Then later on, my parents will ask my why their computers were acting strange. gosh. But I have to give him credit though. He fixed our LAN/Wifi at home. Oopps, I'll take that back. His friend fixed the Wifi, not him. lol

Anyways, I don't have any real experience in teaching. I have no problems performing in a live audience but I don't know if it'll be the same with teaching students. yikes. Elementary and High School students? hmmm... How will I handle their weird attitudes?

I want to be a good teacher and I like my students to learn. But I don't want to be, as much as possible, strict. I know that I can be "mataray" but I don't want it to be the reason for my students to study and learn. I want them to enjoy my subject, and not just do their assignments because they are scared of me. I've experienced that before as a student and I don't want my students to experience the same.

Well this will be a very big challenge for me. Teaching is not a joke. Whatever comes out from my mouth will change the minds my students. I know that I'm not perfect but I will try my best to share the knowledge that I have to others.

My dad asked my to create a curriculum/lesson plan a couple of days ago. I don't know if he's really serious. But if he is, I have to get started.

..........

No comments: