Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mr. Macchiato

Another day... Another cup of coffee...

Our thesis defense is drawing near. -screams- We're scheduled to meet with our thesis consultant around 9pm at my favorite Starbucks shop.


-8:30pm-

Upon entering, the barista, aka "CP", recognized me and said "Hi!". I'm not surprised if all the baristas there know me by name or by face because I go there 6 days a week. lol. So I walked and approach the counter to place my order. "CP" once again talked to me and asked if I'm having my regular drink. I nodded and said "Yes". Then he tried to remember my name but he gave up guessing after 2 tries so he called me "Mr. Macchiato". haha. What a nice name. Hey, I'm not complaining. (^_^)

Then I paid for the coffees.. Oh no no. My friend paid for our coffees (thanks!) then we went to the pick-up counter and waited for our coffee. The other barista asked me until what time are we gonna stay there. So I asked her their store hours.. etc etc. Wow I'm having a longer conversations with them. Yay! Well, it's nice making friends and acquaintances with the baristas. I have one or more in every coffee shop that I frequent.


Our consultant came minutes after 10pm... We discussed.. debugged.. discussed.. debugged... till 12mn. Yea, the store was closing. "CP" approached us and said that it was the last call for ordering drinks.

We gave up with the supposed to be finished system and decided to call it a night. On our way out, "CP" thanked us for coming and I gestured back with a smile.

Nice.

(^_^)

No comments: