Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Text Lingo

LOL.


What made me write this post? Well go on reading.

My high school friend texted me yesterday. She wanted for our barkada to meet and have coffee tomorrow. I said yes then she asked me to text our other friends. So I got all excited and texted them all about the plan. Now here we go. Haha

I got a text message from my friend like an hour ago. He said "Ei sori, d aq pede kc bc kme ng ti2 ko ngyon..."

And I was like.. "WHAT?! Busy ang ano?!" lol 

Hahaha. What he wanted to say was "Hi, sorry hindi ako pwede kasi busy kami ng tito ko ngayon." Lol. I laughed so hard and almost died. Haha. He is working at his uncle's office and papers were piled on top of his desk. LOL. 

Oh man. Lol. 


I must admit that I also use this text lingo. But I only use "2" to repeat syllables or words. For example:
Kakain - Ka2in
Maya-maya - Mya2
Pupunta - Pu2nta

Now, here are some examples of text lingo that we or some of us usually use:

Letter "q"
"Andito na aq" 
- Andito na akyu?
"Akala q aalis k n?"
-Akala kyu aalis ka na?

Letter "x"
"Xenxa na hindi aq makkapunta"
- Sensa na hindi akyu makakapunta?
"Maxado ka nman"
-Maksado ka naman?
"Xited n aq"
- Sited na akyu?

Letter "u"
"Sau nalang yan."
- Sayu/Saw/Sa-u nalang yan?
"Sb nu ppnta xa?"
"Kau nlang ang smama"

Letter "z"
"Mzta n?"
"Zup?"

Letter "i"
"Hai naq"
-Ha-i nakyu?

Letters "ur"
"U left ur pen."
- You left you are pen?

The omission of vowels:
"Bk hnd p aq mkkpsok"
"Alis n b tyo?"
"Ayw m dw pmnta dn? Bkt?"
"Sb m andun xa?"

The use of numbers:
- Sum1, Evry1, D2, Gs2, W8,  2, 22o, 4d, etc.


No wonder why students today are having a hard time spelling words correctly.
Is there a special dictionary for these words? Lol. Sometimes I find it difficult to read and understand these kind of text messages. Haha.  

Guilty or not guilty?

(^_^)

1 comment:

Ciara Christia Infantado said...

I swear I'm not guilty. hahaha!
But sorry i have to laugh. I just can't help it. hahahaha!! :))

winner. I guess that's the beauty of the QWERTY keypads. you'll get used to it as if it's s keyboard. and boom goes the dynamite! not being one of the lingo-ers. haha!!