Thursday, December 4, 2008

Are You Seriously Serious?

Okay, my hands are still shaking as I type this post.


Here's what happened.

Someone sent me a private message in another site. That person said that I've been posting a lot of negative stuff in my OWN page. It's like there's always something wrong, he said. 

I was shocked and my blood literally raised after reading that message, and I can prove it because my ears are still red. I really don't know what to do. This was the first time someone told me that. I cannot believe that he used that word to describe my posts. I am very far from being negative. He seriously doesn't know me at all. 

So I sent him a message and asked him if he is sure that ALL my posts are negative. He replied and said that he was mistaken. That not all of my posts but only 99.9% of the time. LOL. Then I laughed. It's a fact. He seriously doesn't know ME.

I don't understand why some people have the guts to tell something like that to someone he/she doesn't personally know; a total stranger. My reaction was "Dude, are you for real?".

Haha. I'm not sure what his purpose was for sending me that message; but I'm confident that he was not showing concern. So please think before you write. 

After his second message, I stopped and thought  for a while if I should still reply. Then I've decided to just ignore him and continue posting. In the first place, nobody told him to visit my site.

Telling another person something on text messages, e-mails, etc. is very different from saying it to him/her personally. You know, that smileys, "Haha", and "LOL" doesn't really talk for you. It's hard to tell if someone is joking or not just by reading an sms, especially when you don't know the sender. Likewise, your reader might not react in the way you originally planned it to be. Someone's reaction will not be everybody else's response. So be careful in choosing words, smileys, and other special characters that conveys a certain "emotion" to the reader.

Tsk tsk.

(-_~)

1 comment:

Ciara Christia Infantado said...

putrages! hahaha!
nabasa ko din to!

you dint force him to visit yer site slash page.

plus, he doesn't know what he's talking about.imagine. negative?!
errrrr. anthony? negative?

"misis" na nga e positie pa din! camon ton pokemon! >:p

HASTY GENERALIZATION.

haha.