Wednesday, September 10, 2008

W.O.R.K.

While browsing the web, I stumbled upon a very nice quotation by Confucius:


"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

True enough. Well at least for me.

I think what this saying implies is that you need to be passionate in everything you do, especially with work. You need to choose a job that will make you happy at the end of the day. Of course, stress and pressure are always tied up with any work but it's up to you as a person on how will you make what you do interesting and fun. Time flies so fast when you are having fun. (Yea cliche I know, but it's very true.)

Doing the same thing everyday is tiring and boring. Like in my case as a teacher. I teach elementary, high school and college 5 days a week. Just imagine all the paper works that has to be accomplished everyday. Preparing lectures, exams, seatworks and exercises is tiring. But I always try my best to make my job interesting so that I won't get bored. 

It's not anybody's fault if you are having a hard time with your work because it was your decision to be in that profession. I think in order to survive in the world of employment you need to: 1) Love your job and the people around you. 2) It's always nice to make new friends at work because you will spend most of your time with them than others. It's also good to make friends with your students when you're outside the classroom. Knowing them better makes you understand what they feel, how their minds work, and their different personalities. 3) You have to know your limits. You have to be conscious if your acting normal or waaaay beyond the line. Just be sensitive enough to the feelings of the people around your workplace. 4) Learn to adjust with your surroundings. Other people won't change for you. You need to cope with the new work environment.

I love what I do. Though I don't receive my paycheck regularly, no money can replace the fun and fulfillment that I get in teaching. 

(^_^)


1 comment:

Ciara Christia Infantado said...

high five man! :D
loving the quote. and i have to say i feel the same way.
gaaa!