Saturday, October 4, 2008

Violin


Some of you may or know that I play the violin. My baby's name is Banshee, a 3 year old Hofner violin. 


I started my formal lessons in 2005. My teacher comes to our house once or twice a week and taught me the Suzuki method. I felt really nervous during my first sessions. My hands would start to shake and my breathing would unconsciously stop. haha. But my teacher was really nice and patient, so after one month, my hands, fingers, neck and shoulders started to relax. Oh and my breathing was fixed to. lol

After 2 years and 3 books, I suddenly stopped my lessons. School suddenly became too hectic and my practice time vanished. My teacher would text me and ask when will we continue with the lessons. I said that after graduating, I'll start playing again. But that wasn't the case because I am now working. lol.

So I said to myself, it's time to play again. Two weeks ago, I got Banshee out of the cabinet and started playing; from book 1 - 3 and other pieces that I like. 

I picked one piece that I would like to perfect once more. It's "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach. The last time I played this was Christmas 2005. haha. I need to refresh my memory. 

I'll post a video here of me playing soon. 


(^_^)

No comments: