Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Still Alive!

I'm sure you got this text message yesterday from one or more people:

US GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY PREDICTS A 6.8 MAGNITUDE EARTHQUAKE WILL HIT PHILIPPINE PLATES TONIGHT.PLS BE CALM & ALERT. This txt msg is from Hawaii state emergency preparedness office. Pls pass (no harm in being prepared) lets pray dis will not happen.

Well? Haha. I myself got a little nervous when my friends and family members forwarded me this text message. I was listening to music on my iTunes and my speakers was turned to its maximum level. After reading the message, I turned off my music, switched the television on and scanned all the local channels for that earthquake news.

I finally found this local news/radio cable channel and saw one of their headlines telling that the earthquake rumor isn't true. Then the director of PHIVOLCS confirmed in an interview that there is no such thing as the US Geological Society in Hawaii. No agency can currently predict the exact time, date and intensity of an earthquake but still advised the public to be always prepared.


But still I waited... Haha. Nada! No earthquake! haha


(^_^)

No comments: