Saturday, March 8, 2008

Coffee Experience


Finally, something interesting/funny happened to me after a very stressful and boring week. Haha.

Let's start.

Friday afternoon, I asked my cousin if she would like to join me for coffee at my favorite hangout place. She said yes so I started to get ready. I brought my laptop, etc. because I originally planned to continue making the invitations at the coffee shop. But due to some unexpected events, I just punished myself because of bringing all my things.

We arrived at the mall around 5pm. Still early for dinner so we went to Power Station to kill time and practice our racing and my singing skills. Haha. Oh.. I now know how to drive in the intermediate level with all the gears and stuffs. lol.

My friend came around 6pm, me still belting at the Karaoke room. haha. After singing like a dozen of songs, we went to the "canteen" to have dinner. (We called the resto "canteen" because we always eat there. lol) While having dinner, I had the feeling that "CP" isn't there at the shop. Hmmm. Wonder why. * looks at cousin* lol. JK.

Then... Ugh. I forgot the time we finished eating dinner. Haha. Anyways, after dinner, we went down and proceeded to the coffee shop.

Hmp. Told 'ya. "CP" was absent. But believe it or not, I didn't get sad. lol. I dunno I'm just so hyper since morning. One barista guy noticed my new look (because he wasn't there the last time) and asked my why I haven't visited the shop for two days. Yeah, I think they're used to seeing me there everyday. lol. After a little chit chat, we ordered our favorite drink and sat outside.

We started gossiping about the barista guy. We have this theory that he probably likes me. hahaha. I've been connecting the dots and it's really possible. lol.

After like 15 minutes, the barista guy came to us and asked if it was ok for us to have a coffee tasting activity. We said yes. I got excited. Free coffee!! lol

So, our suspicions are getting stronger. Maybe he's just friendly..lol. But he's not my "CP". Huhuhu.

He came back with the coffee and started to give us informations about a particular coffee bean. Then he showed us how to drink, taste, smell coffee properly. I felt like an idiot for a while because there were a lot of people seated outside and watching us follow what the barista was doing. But what the heck... We got free coffee! lol

He explained the reason why their coffees are so expensive. It's because in every cup of coffee that you buy, a little percent is given to the coffee farmers. So the next time I feel guilty for buying and drinking my coffee everyday, I'll just think of the hardworking coffee farmers that I'm helping. haha. yeah right.

The coffee was made using a coffee/French press so the flavors were all there and the coffee was super strong. (Red bull alert). haha. My friend got hyper too and i think she wasn't able to sleep well last night or didn't sleep at all. lol. Alcohol I cannot stand but coffee I can. lol.

After the coffee tasting, we continued talking about the barista. I was trying so hard not to entertain the idea in my mind but I can't help it. hahaha.

We'll see...

(^_^)

No comments: