Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Sister's Wedding


Did it really happen?

The whole event felt surreal. My dad still can't believe that my eldest sister got married yesterday. I saw him with a blank face and staring outside the window earlier. Awww.

Everything happened so fast. From the planning, preparations and the wedding itself.

Well I must admit it. I got a bit emotional at the wedding ceremony yesterday. My tears almost fell when I saw my sister walking down the aisle. I realized that my life or my whole family's life will change. My roommate will transfer to her new home. :(

I never thought that my sister is very important to me until yesterday.


Weeks before the wedding, I didn't pay much attention with the whole idea of my sister getting married. Then last Wednesday when I joined them in preparing the other stuffs like the souvenirs, songs, AVP, tarpaulins, program, etc., I suddenly realized that OMG, they're really getting married.

Well enough with the drama. haha


Friday, we checked-in at the Astoria Plaza Hotel. We finished all the last-minute things that were needed for the wedding the next day. The suite was nice. Two bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, dining table, sofa and cable televisions. I took a lot of pictures but I won't be posting it here. haha.

I went to starbucks around 8:30pm to meet my good friend and relax a little. I haven't been sleeping well since wednesday. Then at 11:30pm, I went back to the hotel.

My sister and mom were still awake, busy with the wedding stuffs. I opened my laptop and searched for other songs that will used for the wedding.

2:30am, I was sooo sleepy so I decided to take a warm shower and prepared myself for bed. My sister was still outside at the dining area, still busy typing something.

The next day (Wedding Day), I was wakened by voices that I recognize. The wedding gown arrived finally! 6:30am, I got up and we headed down to the cafe to eat our breakfast.

The hours seemed like seconds, cause moments later, the hair and makeup artist arrived. My mom, sister, and other members of the entourage came to have their hair and makeup done. Then the photographers came and they started taking pictures of the gown, accessories, etc.

We ate a quick but heavy lunch and got dressed after.

My sister and her friend were having a hard time putting all the pieces of the wedding gown together so I helped them. The trail was long and huge so I was the one carrying it when my sister walks around the room for the photo shoot. I can't count how many shots were taken.

Kudos to the photographers by the way. The were very professional. They know how to capture all the great moments. A lot of pictures were taken inside the suite, the poolside, and at the staircase of the hotel.

We waited for the bridal car to arrive then left the hotel minutes before 3:00pm.

3:10, we arrived at the church. A lot of people (principal & secondary sponsors, entourage, family and friends) were already there waiting. It was sooooo hot outside. But I stayed with my sister inside the car till seconds before the ceremony. She doesn't want me to leave! Haha.

3:30, the wedding started. When I saw my sister walking, and entering the church, I got a bit emotional but I tried my best not to cry. hahaha.

The ceremony plus the picture taking lasted till 5:10pm. We (me, mom & dad) got inside our car and headed for the reception.

When we got to the venue of the reception, I got overwhelmed with the number of guests, and the whole set-up of the hall. Whoa. How did they transform the convention hall into a hotel-like ballroom. haha


The program started at 7:00pm. The entourage was first introduced (me included) then the parents of the bride and groom, then the newly married couple. After settling down, they showed the AVP that I made. haha.

Then on with the program and dinner. At last, I'm starving.


The program ended around 9:00pm but we left the venue at 10:30pm. My feet are sored and my legs are tired. We headed back home to get more clothes because we thought that we would just be staying for one day but they extended it till Sunday.

When we got back to the hotel, my two sister swere already there and my eldest sister was eating. Haha. Then minutes later, I saw her sleeping on the sofa, wearing a robe, with her make-up still on and hair still set. haha. She can barely move a muscle. I asked her to transfer inside the room so that she can sleep well.

I took a quick shower then watched the tv for a while but I can't keep my eyes open. So I went inside the room where my sister is and slept on the other bed.


The following day, it seemed like nothing happened. haha. I was like, "What's with the wedding gown? What is it doing in our room?" lol


Sigh. It's slowly sinking in. My sister got married yesterday.

Now I have to sleep in my room, alone.

(-_-)

No comments: