Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weight Loss

I started the year with one goal - to lose weight. And so far, I've lost 15 lbs! Yay!

Last year, the holidays specifically, my weight reached 145 lbs. That's roughly 66 kg on the scale. Yikes. Last time I remember I was only 125-130 lbs. Then I started noticing that I can't fit into my jeans anymore. A lot of them were already collecting dust inside my cabinet. My belts were already useless because I might pass out if I wear them. I can't button my jeans without sucking in my tummy. sigh.

My diet before was:
1. 3-4 times of pizza a week (dine-in and delivery)
2. chocolates! one bar every after dinner
3. iced tea. (my water substitute)
4. cakes
5. ice cream
6. junk food (chips)
7. fast food
8. coffee
9. 5 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, midnight snacks)
10. Soda (coke, pepsi, you name it)

Geez. And I never exercise. I sit for hours in front of the the computer and television.

I almost lost hope of losing my excess fat. I tried numerous time before but I failed. After 2-3 weeks, I give up. I love the smell of food especially pizza. Torture!

So after the holidays, I started cutting back my food intake. I asked my mom to cook fish or chicken instead of beef, pork or fast food deliveries. haha. I also started to exercise 3-4 times a week. I spend 30 minutes at the elliptical trainer, 25 minutes with the fat burning machine, 60-100 sit ups and Hip Hop Abs once a week.

After 3 weeks, I still can't notice any change in my body weight but I got inspired and decided to continue my new lifestyle. *wink*

I cannot say that I have a very healthy lifestyle because I hate eating veggies and I still eat whatever I want but in moderation of course.

Then after 5 weeks, I started to see the results. I lost 5 lbs!! Yipee! Then Another 5 lbs and another 5lbs. I started to love and get addicted with dieting and exercise. My system had fully adjusted with my minimal food intake and my exercise routine.

I feel so disgusted when I see or even think of what I was eating before. All the fats, oil, makes me sick. haha.

Yeah I know. A lot of people think I'm nuts. They tell me that I should stop dieting and that I am not fat but I can see the numbers in the weighing scale. And they don't lie! hahaha.

As of now, I can already fit into 4 of my old jeans. Yay! My thighs are noticeably smaller. I can put my cellphones in one pocket without my jeans and thighs looking like a sausage. haha.

My target weight is 120 lbs. Still a lot of hard work and patience but I love how I look and feel now.

I plan to workout in a gym but maybe after learning how to drive first. Ooohhh how I love to drive my own car and go to places without caring about the time. And okay okay. That's another story. Haha

Okay where did I put the chips?

Just kidding. haha

(^_^)

No comments: